The Arch Company is the UK’s largest small business landlord, serving thousands of business owners who make a unique and vital contribution to the UK economy. The company purchased Network Rail’s former commercial property estate in early 2019 and have a property portfolio of more than 5,000 railway arches, business estates, former station buildings and other properties.
The Arch Company is proud to be the landlord to a diverse, passionate group of small business owners, entrepreneurs and community organisations across England and Wales. The Arch Company shareholders are TT Group and Blackstone Property Partners.
We’re committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace, so if you’re interested in this job but don’t meet every aspect of the job description, we’d still encourage you to apply. You might be the ideal candidate for this role, or other positions.
We are seeking ambitious and motivated graduates to join our RICS Graduate (Leasing) Scheme and become a successful member of the team at one of the UK’s largest small business landlords. Our scheme will support candidates in attaining RICS membership and developing into valued team members.
This role will primarily focus on our Commercial Leasing team, where you’ll support the wider team with their respective portfolios and transactions. Additionally, you will gain experience in all areas of the business to develop along the commercial real estate pathway.
The interview process for our graduate scheme will entail multiple stages, including an Application Review, Initial Screening, Assessment Centre, and Final Interviews. The Assessment Centre and Final Interviews are scheduled for April 2024, and successful candidates will commence their roles in September 2024.
- Conduct negotiations with prospective customers, and other relevant parties to secure favourable lease terms and agreements.
- Evaluate and respond to lease offers from potential customers, ensuring alignment with company objectives and financial targets.
- Elevate the property experience by orchestrating captivating viewings and inquiries, curating engaging events.
- Overseeing end-to-end transaction flow by actively participating in the creation of captivating marketing materials, crafting precise legal documents, orchestrating smooth tenant handovers, and ensuring meticulous record-keeping within our internal system.
- Develop and implement strategic marketing plans to promote available commercial properties, utilising various channels to maximize visibility and attract qualified tenants.
- Support your teams and work collaboratively with colleagues to deliver set objectives
- Develop an understanding of property practices and represent the company when liaising with stakeholders and external parties
- Participate in meetings and present clear reporting to support business decisions.
- Attain the necessary knowledge and understanding towards the RICS qualification through on-the-job learning
- Demonstrate a commitment to completing the qualification within the set timeframe
- Attend relevant lectures, seminars and workshops and keep up-to-date with changes in the real estate industries
- Provide support across all areas of the department, including maintaining void schedules, updating property statuses, and organizing documentation on internal systems.
- Gain broad commercial property experience
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Degree from a RICS-accredited program
- Available to start scheme in September 2024
- Exceptional relationship-building skills developed through university and extracurricular activities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills,
- Comfortable collaborating in team settings
- Demonstrated interest in earning RICS qualification,
- Genuine interest in commercial leasing
- Possession of a driver’s licence
- Previous exposure to commercial or residential property sectors through internships or other professional experiences
Equality, diversity & inclusion
At The Arch Company, we’re on a mission to make our workplace as welcoming and inclusive as possible. We believe that our differences make us stronger, and we’re committed to providing everyone with a fair chance at success, no matter where they come from or who they are.
We take pride in celebrating what makes each of us unique. When you join our team, you’re not just getting a job; you’re becoming a part of our friendly and open-minded team, with an important role to play in creating a more inclusive and diverse future.
The Arch Company is an equal opportunity employer, so if you’re excited to be part of a company that champions diversity and inclusion, we invite you to explore our job opportunities.