Graduate Teaching Assistant
- Location: Croydon, London
- Position: Learning Support Assistant
- Start date: ASAP
- Pay: 90 – 100 per day
A wonderful comprehensive school in Croydon, London are looking for a Graduate LSA to join their staff as soon as possible until the end of the academic year with the view to go on to a long-term placement into September.
Remedy Education are working with an OFSTED ‘good’ school in Croydon, London that are offering a fantastic opportunity for people to develop their skills in the education sector, good hours, in a relaxed environment with great structure support offered by the staff. The school is dynamic with an inclusive ethos which ensures there are consistently high expectations for all. In particular, the role of the parent is celebrated as the enduring educator.
Responsibilities of a Graduate LSA:
- Working with children aged 4-11 operating classes in various subjects
- Helping children with special educational needs
- Engaging with students for 4-5 periods
- Treating children with respect and kindness as a teaching assistant
Job Requirements to be a Graduate LSA:
- Enhanced DBS on the update service
- Interest in working with children (specifically with SEN)
- Experience working in childcare, informally or formally
- Right to work in the UK
Desirable for a Graduate LSA:
- An honours degree (preferably Upper Second) or equivalent
If you would like to be considered for this Graduate LSA opportunity, please send your application and if successful we will contact you with full information about the role and the school. Or feel free to call and ask to speak to one of our consultants.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR REMEDY EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Remedy Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
‘Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Remedy Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.’