IT Support Apprentice
Region: North West
Employer description: Alcedo Care is one of the fastest-expanding healthcare providers in the Northwest Region. Alcedo Care is a family-owned business with family values at the heart of everything that we do, with a shared mission to enrich lives and support independence. We’re proud to have been voted a top 20 rated home care provider on homecare.co.uk for 3 years running.
Overview: We are now looking for an eager candidate to join us as an apprentice.
The responsibility of the IT Support Apprentice is to provide our end-users with technical support and troubleshoot any hardware or software-related problems. Resolving incidents and service requests within our established service level agreements (SLA’s).
Support will be provided by phone, Teams, email, or in person.
Salary:£15,000 per annum.
- Provisioning new laptops and mobile phones as and when they are required
- Asset Management
- Maintaining our Care Management Platform – User configurations, user permissions, client and carer administration
- Travel to our Branches, completing any work that cannot be done remotely
- End-user training
- Creation of Knowledge Base articles
- Involvement in any new office setups or office moves
- Installing CAT5/CAT6 cabling, routers and switches, VoIP desk phones, and ensuring everything is tested and ready for staff to move into the offices
- The role will also be involved in upcoming projects, including SharePoint Restructuring, Intune MDM configuration, and the enrolment of all business endpoints
- Complete any New Starter, Mover, or Leaver requests, ensuring enough kit is readily available and any kit is returned by leavers
Desired skills and qualities: In order to be successful within this role the candidate would need to demonstrate the following attributes:
- Customer service background
- 1st class communication skills – friendly and outgoing nature
- Passion for all things IT
- Career driven
- Process driven
- 3 GCSE’s (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship is in a similar subject
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
For more information, please visit the UK ENIC website.
- Alcedo Care are offering:
- A generous salary
- First class training
- The opportunity to gain first hand experience working in a busy IT department
Future prospects: 90% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
Our apprenticeships are the perfect way to gain new skills, earn while you learn, and launch yourself into an exciting future. With over 30,000 successful apprenticeship graduates, we’re a top 50 training provider, dedicated to helping you succeed.