Trainee Children’s Care Worker Plus Welcome Bonus
Region: North West
Role:Â Trainee Children’s Care Worker
Location:Â Underley Garden School, Kirkby Lonsdale
Salary: Up to Â£12.33 per hour (plus sleep-ins paid at Â£52.50 per night) Pending pay review.Â
Hours: Full-time, PermanentÂ (40 hours per week -Â There is a 2 week shift rota so you can plan your year in advance;Week 1 â Monday, Tuesday, Saturday, SundayWeek 2 â Wednesday, Thursday, Friday.
How we reward you
We want our occupants to have the best support possible, and therefore youâll receive an exceptional rewards package including:
- Salary:Â Up to Â£12.33 per hour (plus sleep-ins paid at Â£52.50 per night) Pending pay reviewÂ
- Â£1000 welcome bonus *and an extra Â£1000 after you pass your probation (minimum six months)
- Â Travel allowance – Â£250 per annum for under 10 miles away, Â£450 per annum for over 10 miles
- 255 hoursâ annual leave allowance, which equates to 6 weeks. This increases following two yearsâ service to 298 hours which equates to 7 weeks. You are also entitled to an additional days holiday for âone moment in timeâ to celebrate a special occasion.
- Life Assurance
- Pension scheme with options to increase your contributions
- âYour Wellbeing Mattersâ â access to a wide range of first-class mental health support services and physical health checks
- Earn Â£1000 by referring a friend
- Bank holiday bonus pay (Time and a half hourly rate per bank holiday hours worked)
And market leading benefits offered through ourÂ Flexible Benefits PlatformÂ Vista that enable you to choose the package thatâs right for you, including:
- A wide range of health, wellbeing, and insurance benefits
- 100âs of discount options valid in the UK and abroad, to use at high street stores, events, cinemas, restaurants and more!
- Critical illness cover
Our nextÂ Trainee Children’s Care WorkerÂ will be someone who has:
- A big heart and passion to make a difference to the occupantsâ lives.
- Patience, resilience, and calmness.
Some of your duties would be as follows
- Supporting the occupants to appointments and activities such as shopping or trips out
- Completing relevant paperwork
- Undertaking household tasks
- Engage our occupants in tasks and activities
We are hiringÂ Trainee Children’s Care Workers for Underley Garden School which is an Independent Special School and Accommodation based near the village of Kirkby Lonsdale in Cumbria, providing support for individuals between the ages of 5-19.Â The school was judged to be Outstanding in all areas in April 2022. During their latest inspection, the Accommodation was judged Good.
Options Autism is a national provider of specialist education, care and therapeutic services for individuals with autism, complex needs and learning difficulties. We provide a person-centred approach to education and support, looking at the full needs of the individual and adapting our approach accordingly.
How to Apply1.Â Â Â Â Click Apply and follow the on-screen instructionsÂ 2.Â Â Â Â Visit our website at (url removed)/jobs/ where you can sort all of our live vacancies to find one that is most relevant to you – Search by Role, Location or even distance to your own home to find your perfect job!Â
Options Autism is part of Outcomes First Group. We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults.Â All successful applicants will be subject to a free fully Enhanced DBS and reimbursement of the Update Service Fee.