Quantum Applications Engineer Internship
Moody’s empowers people to make better decisions and achieve brighter futures. This is what motivates us to bring out the best in our products and our people. Join us. Forward Together.
Moody’s Analytics Quantum Computing Group explores, researches, and implements quantum computing and communications solutions across the different organizational units of the company. This group objective is to evaluate how quantum computing can disrupt our industry and Moody’s products in the market, evaluate the industry maturity, establish partnerships, and position Moody’s as a referent in the quantum computing sector for finance.
The team creates proofs of concept and final applications that are embedded in the current classical products.
Leverages our state-of-the-art financial models and our extensive datasets across the company and liaises with the different stakeholders for its productization.
In this role you will be hands-on, evaluate current literature, participate in the research community, and develop solutions in partnership with domain experts across the company. We are looking for a person who is passionate about quantum computing.
- Own and lead the conception and delivery of novel solutions to problems faced by internal project teams.
- Develop new and improve existing Quantum Algorithms for specific applications, in the team and in collaboration with external partners.
- Provide guidance to other groups throughout Moody’s Analytics on best practices and advanced techniques.
- Contribute to Moody’s IP by developing innovative solutions and use cases in collaboration with our partners and clients.
- Write white papers.
- Scan the market / competitors / partners / research, lead client engagements to understand challenges that they are trying to address and meet with external partners to bring new ideas and technologies to Moody’s Analytics.
- Represent the company as a technical expert on quantum computing and present research findings to audiences internally and externally.
- Demonstrate thought leadership as it relates to QC, and actively seek ways to build MA’s “data and risk expertise” reputation externally (white papers, speaking panels, etc.).
- Partner with other ML groups inside the company to find hybrid solutions and benchmarks.
- Must be results-oriented and have a proven ability to get things done through people, including those not under direct management.
- High level of professionalism.
- Be able to keep up with a landscape where new data keeps flowing in rapidly and the world is constantly changing.
- Ability to work equally well as part of a team and autonomously.
Experience in the following topics is a plus:
- Performing statistical analysis.
- Predictive modelling.
- Conceptual modelling.
- Creating examples, prototypes, demonstrations.