Product Consultant MA Graduate
Imagine what we can INSPIRE with you!
Moody’s empowers people to make better decisions and achieve brighter futures. This is what motivates us to bring out the best in our products and our people. Join us. Forward Together.
In the Moody’s Analytics Banking Solutions group, we help lending institutions make important decisions about their business, particularly when they are providing loans, managing risk, or conducting financial planning for the future of their institution.
We do this with our innovative software and reliable analytics, helping them understand how to do their job better through training, learning solutions and advisory services. We are a dedicated team of experts in technology and financial analytics who understand what our clients need.
The Moody’s Analytics Graduate Program will provide the opportunity to gain in-depth insight into a broad range of financial institutions, working within our Banking Operating Unit (OU), passionate about delivering high quality products and services across our client base.
With a combination of formal and on-the-job training, alongside ongoing mentoring, you will be expected to work collaboratively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders. The 12-month program will start in September 2024 on a?permanent contract.
In the Banking OU, we build and deploy fully integrated solutions on credit, market & liquidity risk and ALM software products to help banks around the world assess the overall health of their balance sheets and generate reports for regulators and other stakeholders.
We know that regulatory and accounting standards and the technological demands of our customers are subject to change, which is why we employ a continuous cycle of innovation that allows us to offer flexible and agile solutions to our customers’ problems.
As a Graduate, you will gain understanding of the business domain that our product operates in and how to use our product to fulfill customer needs, becoming a specialist in the implementation, configuration and upgrade of Basel II, Basel III and ALM solutions as part of our Banking Delivery Services & ALM team.
- Provide consulting on Moody’s Analytics banking solutions and assist clients with all stages of a product implementation
- Building proof of concepts and prototyping
- Business requirements gathering and gap analysis
- Data mapping
- Product configuration
- Evaluation / design of custom functionality to address client requirements
- Unit Testing and supporting client User Acceptance Testing
- End User product training
- Work with project managers to build and maintain a project plan and issues list
- Collaborate with product managers to give feedback on the product and to log product defects
- Work with Product Management teams and / or other departments (Sales, other OUs) to ensure that customer needs are represented
- Stay current on the functionality of our products
- Share knowledge with other consultants on how best to implement our products
- May require a significant amount of travel to client sites
- This Graduate opportunity is open to 2022 and 2023 graduates at the Bachelors and Masters levels available to start the program in September 2023
- Desired areas of study include, but are not limited to: Computer Science, Finance, Mathematics, or related fields
- Experience of working within a software implementation role, inclusive of internships in banking, credit, or the financial industry
- Strong organizational, time management, communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly analytical, detail oriented and with strong problem-solving skills
- First Level Knowledge of existing and international regulatory requirements (e.g. EU – Capital Requirements Directive – CRD, Basel III). and understanding of the proposed revision of the international regulatory framework (Basel III, CRD IV, CRD V)
- Technical skills on relational databases and SQL, improving data quality, data validation and trouble shooting
- Knowledge of Data Modelling within the Banking sector
- Initial exposure to the different implementation methodologies e.g. Waterfall and Agile and exposure to Data Mapping between systems of financial and risk data is a plus
- Basel II and Basel III or ALM exposure gained in a Bank, a consultancy firm or a software engineering company is beneficial
- Strong spoken and written English in order to work with our clients, additional European languages are advantageous