Civil Engineering Apprenticeship
Region: South East
Civil Engineering Apprentice
Project Centre, part of Marston Holdings, is a leading design, engineering, and landscape architecture consultancy whose highly talented people are passionate about creating places that are attractive, innovative, sustainable, and safe. Our approach to integrated design produces award winning results that have won significant industry recognition and includes being awarded CIHT’s Employer of the Year in 2021.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a
Civil Engineering Apprentice
to join our Highways team based in Ashford, Kent to help deliver highways & traffic engineering services. This role will provide you with the opportunity to deliver projects from inception to construction.
This apprenticeship will involve completion of a BEng [Hons] Civil Engineering Degree and a development to Engineer role within the organisation with IEng qualification from the Institution of Civil Engineers.
* BTEC Level 3 extended diploma in civil engineering
* Minimum level 2 in Maths & English
The role will develop the successful candidates’ skills and experience in:
* Design of Highways and Transportation Projects.
* A range of Site Surveys.
* Preparing reports and technical notes.
* AutoCAD (Computer-Aided Design) software drawing production.
* Data analysis and evaluation.
* Professional development with the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE).
The ideal candidate:
* Enthusiastic and can-do attitude
* Excellent written and verbal skills
* Ability to work to deadlines.
* Interest in in transport related projects
* Team Worker
* Any working experience within the construction / engineering sector
In return for your hard work and commitment
* 25 days holiday + bank holidays
* Salary of £21,255
* Full training & development
* Hybrid working – 3 days a week in the office + one day attending university.
* Private Healthcare
* Staff benefits designed to suit your lifestyle – from discounts on retail shopping, travel, and socialising to health & wellbeing.
* Yearly Professional Membership.
* Cycle to work scheme.
* Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Package NB this is subject to eligibility.
If this sounds like the job for you, please apply….
New starters will be subject to clearance through the Disclosure and Barring Service and a County Court Judgment check. In addition, the post holder is expected to keep the Company updated if their personal circumstances change.
Marston Holdings are proud members of the 5% Club demonstrating their commitment to Earn and Learn opportunities within the workplace, and Platinum Accredited Investors in People.
We are an equal opportunity employer, which means we’ll consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, disability status or any other protected characteristic. We recruit and develop our people based on merit and their passion for creating better outcomes, and we’re committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.