Learning Mentor – Graduate
Region: East Midlands
About the role
LTF Recruitment are currently working in partnership with a highly successful special education school based in Leicester. As a school catering to young people with SEMH needs, you will be tasked with supporting a wide range of complex needs. LTF are looking for a learning support mentor to join an existing, experienced team within the school. You will be working 1:1 and in small groups, planning and delivering individualised learning programmes supporting the class teacher. You will actively promote good attendance and support the all-round development of pupils by engaging with external agencies and giving valuable input into pupil progress data.
About the school:
- Provides bespoke pastoral support and alternative education for pupils aged 11-16.
- Variety of different pathways for personal progression.
- Supports pupils who have been excluded from mainstream education or at risk of exclusion.
- A small, friendly, and passionate school community.
- Outstanding educational facilities/Staff to meet the needs of the pupils.
About the candidate:
- Confident in dealing with challenging behaviour.
- To be able to use a range of strategies and interventions to re-engage pupils into learning and address negative behaviour.
- Possess a sound knowledge of safeguarding systems.
- Be of strong character with a resilient attitude and a calm manner
- Engage in ongoing CPD as offered by the school.
LTF Recruitment were established in 2016 and specialise in placing people into long term and permanent roles. If you are looking for consistency, continuity, competitive pay, and unrivalled support throughout your education journey LTF will be the right match for you.
If you feel the job would be a perfect fit for you, please apply via the application page or contact Matt at LTF Recruitment!