Supply Chain Graduate Toll
Joining the Leonardo Graduate Scheme is the opportunity to be part of the next generation of our business. As a Graduate you will join us on £32,000 with a welcome bonus and could receive a generous Temporary Accommodation Allowance if you move more than 40 miles away from home for the role.
You will be provided with a wealth of development opportunities in both virtual and applied working environments. On our programme you will engage with challenging and exciting project work and deliver innovative business or technical solutions as part of a team of subject matter experts. Throughout the programme you will receive coaching and support from your team to achieve your objectives as well as your personal development goals. We are committed to developing our graduates into leading technical or business professionals, and as such we will also support you through your preferred route for chartership.
At Leonardo we value individuals who continuously demonstrate a dedication to their personal development, and this is no different for our graduates. We have partnered with Coursera, the world leading online training platform that offers around 4,000 courses you can sign up to, according to your professional and personal interests. Self-directed learning thrives in this environment.
Leonardo is a global leader in defence electronics and delivers mission critical systems for situational awareness, electronic warfare and surveillance across land, sea and air. The Radar and Advanced Targeting line of business, based in Edinburgh, is uniquely positioned as one of the world’s top manufacturers of radars, lasers and infra-red countermeasure systems.
The Graduate will be responsible and accountable for the acquisition of material from our external supply chain partners ensuring that supply meets our MRP demand. The Graduate will use the defined SC toolbox of 3SR, de-commit and past due data to report back into the business stakeholders.
Key responsibility areas
- Manage portfolio of external supply chain partners & associated purchase orders
- Ensure material supply meets MRP demand
- Ensure timely issuance and submission of responses to standard SC tool box including 3SR, De-commit and Past Due reports
- Be accountable for the management of Supplier delivery performance throughout the Contract lifecycle in line with defined Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
- Identify risk and opportunity, working collaboratively with stakeholders to help define mitigation activities.
- Maintain joint action plans using Sharepoint Portal
- Deploy the appropriate SAP activity in order to carry out your job effectively e.g. PO date maintenance
- Support and mentor team members
Skills, qualifications & knowledge required
- CIPS accreditation or working towards, but not essential
- Exposure to defence/aerospace contracting
- Awareness of Trade / Export Compliance
- Negotiation skills
- Ability to influence
- Effective and flexible communication skills
- IT literate (must have MS Office & SAP knowledge)
Life at Leonardo
With a company funded benefits package, a commitment to learning and development, and a flexible approach to working hours focused on the needs of both our employees and customers, a career with Leonardo has never offered as many opportunities or been more accessible to as many people.
- Flexible Working: Flexible hours with hybrid working options. For part time opportunities, please talk to us
- Company funded flexible benefits: Access to private healthcare, dental schemes, Workplace ISA, Go Green Car Scheme, technology and lifestyle options (£500 annual allowance)
- Holidays: 25 days plus bank holidays, option to buy/sell leave and to accrue up to 12 additional flexi leave days per year
- Pension: Award winning pension scheme (up to 10% employer contribution)
- Wellbeing: Employee Assistance Programme with access to free mental health support, financial wellbeing support and network groups to demonstrate our ongoing commitment to diversity & inclusion (Enable, Pride, Equalise, Reservists, Carers)
- Lifestyle: Discounted Gym membership, Cycle to work scheme
- Training: Free access to more than 4000 online courses via Coursera
- Referral Incentive: You can earn a reward for successfully referring a friend or family member
Please note that in order to apply for this opportunity you must be eligible for UK Security Clearance. Normally this is to the level of Security Check (typically known as “SC”) for our business which includes having a minimum of 5 years permanent residency in the UK.
At Leonardo, we are strongly committed to supporting all our people, and, as society and the environment we work in changes, our approach to Inclusion and Diversity continues to evolve and adapt to reflect this. A culture of inclusion goes on to create an environment for greater collaboration, innovation and opportunities to develop as an organisation. If you are willing and able to commit to giving your best performance, you will find Leonardo a very rewarding place to work!