Graduate Finance Management Trainee
Diversity: We are an inclusive employer and value a diverse workforce
Hertfordshire’s Finance Graduate Programme will challenge, stretch and inspire you. You’ll get involved, and have a say, in everything we do – the services we deliver and how we deliver them, the challenges we face, and our strategies for the coming years. Your voice will be heard, and your opinions valued. We are looking for leaders for the future. The more you experience on the programme, the better equipped you’ll be to build a lasting career with us. We have many examples already of key leaders who joined us as graduates, with our schemes as their springboard.
We are looking for talented, innovative and ambitious graduates to join our Finance Management Graduate Scheme for a September 2024 start.
We are offering:
- A 3-and-a-half-year graduate training programme
- Sponsorship to complete the CIPFA (Chartered Institute of Public Finance & Accountancy) professional accountancy qualification
- Full financial sponsorship, a ‘buddy’ in your first year, a senior manager as a mentor, and a structured development programme.
- Excellent career prospects with opportunity to progress into senior management roles
- Access to Local Government Pension Scheme
- A starting salary of £32,076 based on performance at work and progression through CIPFA qualification with quarterly reviews.
The successful candidates will need to be able to hit the ground running and quickly develop strong working relationships within Finance and with the services that they support. They will be studying for their professional accountancy qualification alongside their day-to-day work, and will experience placements in at least 3 teams, including one in a Finance Business Partner Team and one in Corporate Finance.
2.1 degree or equivalent
Demonstrable ambition to make a career in public sector finance
Established right to work in the UK
Please can you state as part of your qualifications, your A-level or equivalent subjects taken, including grades.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a university graduate to develop their skills, gain a professional qualification, and take their first steps in their professional development, all whilst supporting the people of Hertfordshire.
Each day will be different, with the overall aim of providing great financial support across the services that the Herts Finance Team’s support.