Region: North West
Indulge your passion for problem-solving and embrace the thrill of addressing risk head-on at Gallagher’s global brokerage team. Join a family of diverse minds, united by a relentless pursuit of excellence. As part of our team, you’ll be the architect of protection, safeguarding businesses and empowering their ambitions. Together, we’ll build a legacy of trust and triumph in the dynamic world of risk management.
We believe that every candidate brings something special to the table, including you! So, even if you feel that you’re close but not an exact match, we encourage you to apply.
We are seeking an intelligent, hardworking and inquisitive individual to be trained as an insurance broker within Gallagher’s highly successful Formby based education team.
You will benefit from working closely with a team of 25 experienced insurance professionals, where you will be trained and developed in all aspects of corporate insurance broking. In addition, you will be given the opportunity to work towards Chartered Insurance Institute professional qualifications.
We’re looking for someone with an eye for detail; good communication skills; and an ability to learn quickly. This role is a gateway to a very rewarding career as a professionally qualified business advisor, and you don’t even need to have any insurance experience to be considered.
How you’ll make an impact
You will be trained to:
- Provide general administrative support to broking staff
- Deal with client policies through the entire renewal cycle
- Place cover for the client on the best terms possible
- Ensure accurate creation and maintenance of all business records
- Proces amendments for clients
- Produce official policy documentation confirming cover levels on behalf of clients
- Become fully conversant with the company procedures and the requirements of the FCA
- Contribute to the overall effectiveness of the department in terms of acquisition and retention of business.
- Offer insurance advice
- This opportunity could suit anyone from a A-level school leavers, to graduates, to someone seeking a career change
- Ability to work as part of a team and individually
- Self-starter and able to use own initiative
- Great interpersonal skills
- A mature approach to working
- Punctual, focussed and with attention to detail
- Excellent numeracy and grammar skills
- Good telephone manner, with the ability to liaise confidently with various stakeholders
- Strong IT skills, including experience using various Microsoft Packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook etc.)
- GCSE maths and English
- Eligible to work in the UK
About rewards and compensation
On top of a competitive salary, bonus, great teams and exciting career opportunities, we also offer a wide range of benefits.
Below are the minimum core benefits you’ll get, depending on your job level these benefits may improve:
- Minimum of 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays, and the option to ‘buy’ 5 more days
- Defined contribution pension scheme, which Gallagher will also contribute to
- Life insurance, which will pay 4x your basic annual salary, which you can top-up to 10x
- Income protection, we’ll cover up to 50% of your annual income, with options to top up
- Health cash plan or Private medical insurance
Other benefits include:
- Three fully paid volunteering days per year
- Employee Stock Purchase plan, offering company shares at a discount
- Share incentive plan, HMRC approved, tax effective, stock purchase plan
- Critical illness cover
- Discounted gym membership, with over 3,000 gyms nationally
- Season ticket loan
- Access to a discounted voucher portal to save money on your weekly shop or next big purchase
- Emergency back-up family care
- And many more?
Gallagher is Disability Confident Committed. We have pledged to make sure our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible, in addition to supporting our existing employees with any long-term health conditions or disabilities.?
We understand that applicants may have disabilities, if you do, you may find some parts of the recruitment process more challenging than others. Don’t worry, we’re here to help, however, we can only do this if you let us know.?
Should you require any reasonable adjustments with your application, please get in touch with TAGlobalSupport@ajg.com. If you’d prefer to speak on the phone, please request a call back, leaving details, so we get in touch.?
Our employing entity, Arthur J. Gallagher Services (UK) Limited, is proud to be accredited as a Living Wage employer with the Living Wage Foundation. We are committed to diversity and opportunity for all and is opposed to any form of less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender or gender identity, marital status, civil partnership status, parental status, race, ethnicity, colour, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, religion/ belief, age and those with caring responsibilities.?
If this sounds like somewhere you’d like to join, we’d love to hear from you!