Environmental Officer Trainee
Region: East Midlands
* Environmental Officer Trainee – Leicester – Up to Â£35,000 + Company Wide Benefits *
Futures have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Environmental OfficerÂ Trainee to join a leading, global, billion Â£ food manufacturer who are well-known in the market for their great tasting products!
This is a trainee role so no previous experience operating within anÂ Environmental roleÂ is required, just an interest in the industry and the willingness to learn. Full training will be provided along with the opportunity to fund relevant courses and gain qualifications. You will be equipped with the key skills for the present and ensuring you have a fulfilling, long term career.
Alongside this, over 50% of the siteâs staff have worked within the business for over five years. This business honour their long serving staff working for the company for more than ten years, and this elite group represents almost a third of the workforce.
As an Environmental OfficerÂ Trainee, you will be responsible for:
- Developing and maintaining an environmental management system, capable of certification to ISO14001
- Gather environmental KPI data to assist the governance process and internal reporting of performance
- Overseeing the site Plan and Food Waste Plan, to support delivery of group roadmap
- Managing Risk Assessment; implementing & operating a structured & documented way of identifying & managing environmental risks
- Gather environmental KPI data to assist the governance process and internal reporting
- Engagement with the Group Responsible Business team to support delivery on group-wide projects
Knowledge, Experience and Skills Required of an Environmental OfficerÂ Traineeâââââââ:
- Experience in FMCG/Food or Manufactoring environment
- Experience working within an environmental role
- Effective interpersonal skills and a collaborative approach to team working
- Excellent problem-solving abilities to seek innovative, effective and efficient solutions
- Analytical and logical thinking skills and the ability to think in an integrated /systematic manner
- Experience in report writing
If this Environmental OfficerÂ Trainee role is of interest please apply for more info.