Trainee Forensic Accountant
Region: Yorkshire and The Humber
Forths Forensic Accountants (part of Frenkel Topping Group) is one of the largest specialist Forensic Accountancy practices in the UK, with significant specialisms in the Insurance Litigation, Criminal Litigation and Commercial Litigation spheres.
Our centres of excellence, servicing the requirements of the whole UK and selected international markets, are in Leeds and Manchester. We are seeking a Trainee Forensic Accountant to join our Leeds or Manchester office.
About Frenkel Topping Group (FTG)
At FTG are believe in living our values every day. We are committed to our values as set out below and if you share our value and passion and are looking for a rewarding career where you can make a difference, then we invite you to join our team.
- Give it heart – we’ve built an army of passionate and empathetic people who go the extra mile for their clients and team.
- Show resilience – as individuals and a team we’re inspired by our clients who show resilience every day. Our agility, our work ethic and our appetite for problem solving means we always find a way.
- Make it easy – We’re pro-active and responsive and go above and beyond to make our client’s lives easier.
- Act with integrity – We do what we say we’ll do and we do it with great care and expertise. We are proud of our clients people and we honour the trust they put in us by delivering outstanding service and creating an amazing place to work.
- Respect – we treat our client and each other as individuals and we take the time to walk in that person’s shoes to understand how we can provide support.
- Think differently – we connect communities, champion collaboration in our industry and we’re big on learning and development. We’re big believers in nurturing grassroot talent.
To work within the Forensic team, assisting with a wide range of cases, increasing their knowledge of all cases the organisation works on. The role will assist with analysis and statistical work, drafting letters, emails and sections of or complete reports, as well as providing assistance with administrative duties to ensure the claimant receives fair settlement in relation to their claim.
- Gain an understanding of cases/investigations and assist with or complete analytical and statistical work in order to help estimate potential losses and provide the associated report.
- Work in smaller teams or individually with Directors or Forensic Supervisors.
- Analyse financial statements, bank statements, and other sources of information.
- Liaise and correspond with relevant parties to obtain required current information.
- Write reports either in part or in whole for checking to send out to clients.
- Support qualified staff on more complex client cases.
- Maintain CMS system.
- Assist with administrative support as and when required.
- Cover for other staff as required.
- Plan workload in order to prioritise work and meet tight deadlines.
- Be responsible for own continuous personal development, attending internal and external training to keep up to date with new legislation and case law, and to develop industry knowledge and enhance communication skills.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties designated by their immediate or ultimate supervisors from time to time to meet business needs.
- Undertake some unsocial hours to meet business requirements as required by workflows.
Key experience & skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office packages including Excel and other databases in particular.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Calm and able to work well under pressure with the ability to prioritise workload.
- Personable, confident and diplomatic.
- Able to work on own initiative and able to work with limited supervision.
- Accurate and meticulous, attention to detail is essential.
- GCSE (or equivalent) in English and Maths.
- Accountancy qualification is preferred but not essential.
- Communication: Be able to demonstrate an ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing, good grammar and spelling, therefore able to produce documents accurately and quality check the work of others as required.
- Analytical thinking: Be proficient in Excel and have an interest to learn other applications.
- Attention to detail: Have a high level of attention to detail.
- Judgement: Know how to deal with problems that may arise, knowing when to involve others, ability to think ahead and anticipate events.
- Planning/Organisation: Have the ability to prioritise work and meet deadlines.
- Client Focus: Be able to build and maintain good client relationships with clients and have a good level of commercial awareness.
- Team work: Have the ability to work individually and in small teams and develop a good relationship with colleagues at all levels, be flexible and willing to help others.
- Experience: Preferably have some experience of Accountancy or working in Forensic Services.
- Enthusiasm: Show willingness to learn and assist more senior members of the team.
We are passionate about growth and aim to provide every employee with a clear development plan, with regular performance reviews that enable you to reach your career goals.
Fantastic benefits including but not limited to generous holiday entitlements , Employee Assistance Programme, Life Perks for cash back savings, company events, and enhanced family friendly policies.
This job description is current at the date shown, but in consultation with you, it is liable to variation by management to reflect or anticipate changes in or to the job. It is expected the post holder will when required undertake other duties commensurate with the post and salary grading if required.
Duties may involve having access to information of a confidential nature that may be covered by the Data Protection Act, be commercially sensitive or relate to client information. In such circumstances confidentiality must be maintained at all times in accordance with the company policies. If you are unclear at any time refer to your manager.
Frenkel Topping Group is an equal opportunities employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Frenkel Topping Group is proud to be Disability Confident Committed. If you are invited to an interview, please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process that will allow you to perform to the best of your ability.
Please submit your CV and cover letter to apply for this role.