Junior Legal Counsel
Egis is a global consulting and engineering firm working in construction, transport and mobility services. Joining our Group and its 16,000 employees means, above all, sharing our values as a people-first company, strongly committed to sustainability and innovation.
As one of the world’s leading consultancy, construction engineering and operating firms, we hold ourselves responsible for today’s biggest challenges; fighting climate change, the digital transition and meeting the needs of growing populations. We do this by designing smart, green infrastructure, transport and buildings, creating a sustainable future for communities everywhere.
In the UK we’re proud to be delivering some of the most iconic projects which help connect people, protect our environment and meet emission reduction targets. From motorways to tramways, nuclear power plants to smart cities, clients choose us to help them solve their most complex challenges – delivering climate-responsible growth that meets the needs of communities, industry, and the planet.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a Junior Legal Counsel to join our shared services team.
This is an exciting opportunity that will involve working closely with the Legal Director to grow the in-house team and develop a best-in-class legal service function to complement the business’ growth ambitions.
The role will suit a junior lawyer seeking to develop their skills within a fast growing business. The workload – which complexity will grow as the successful candidate increase their knowledge and experience of the business – will have a genuine variety and will include:
- Drafting, reviewing, negotiating and providing legal advice on “business as usual” commercial contracts entered into by Egis subsidiaries in the UK, including confidential agreements and sub-contractor agreements
- Completing simple bond requests forms and liaising with the business’ nominated bank for issue
- Supporting with Company Secretariat matters, including attending board meetings and drafting minutes
- Supporting the management of the insurance certificate database by the legal team
- Reviewing and issuing documents for execution via DocuSign
- Shadowing the Legal Director with UK and Group corporate, M&A transactions and complex projects
- Supporting the implementation of company ethics and compliance programmes
- Liaising with external counsel as and when necessary, within agreed policy and budget set by the Legal Director.
Knowledge and experience
- Qualified solicitor in England & Wales
- NQ to 1 year PQE with excellent technical skills and commercial contracts experience gained through training in a reputable private practice law firm
- Previous in house experience is preferred but not essential.
- Able to work autonomously or collaboratively as part of a team
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrable ability to translate complex legal issues into straightforward, pragmatic and user-friendly advice and documents
- Ability to prioritise workload so tasks are delivered on time and on budget
- A proactive approach to learning and to building strong working relationships with stakeholders across the business.
What’s in it for you
By joining Egis, as well as receiving a competitive salary, you’ll also have the opportunity to explore flexible working arrangements.
- Competitive salary
- Pension contribution of 5% of your salary
- Life insurance
- Private healthcare for you and your family
- Health cash plan
- 26 days holidays (plus bank holidays
- Tailored career path with structured training
- Mentoring form senior staff
- Hybrid working
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We at EGIS are an Equal Opportunities employer and we recognise the value of a Diverse Organisation. EGIS appreciates all job applications. If you decide to apply for an opportunity at EGIS, your application will be assessed based purely on your experience, the essential and desirable criteria, and your suitability for the role. We value each and everyone’s contribution as this builds our culture and means, if you work for EGIS, you will be included, listened to, and respected.