Summer Internship Glamour
Condé Nast is a global media company producing the highest quality content with a footprint of more than 1 billion consumers in 32 territories through print, digital, video and social platforms. The company’s portfolio includes many of the world’s most respected and influential media properties including Vogue, Vanity Fair, Glamour, Self, GQ, The New Yorker, Condé Nast Traveler/Traveller, Allure, AD, Bon Appétit and Wired, among others.
UK Summer Internships 2024 are here
Last year we welcomed our first ever cohort of 10 Summer Interns to our London offices and we are looking for fresh talent to be part of our Summer 2024 experience!
If you’re driven, enthusiastic, and passionate about our brands, then our Summer Internships could be the perfect opportunity for you.
During this paid internship you will get first-hand work experience, mentoring from employees in your selected field, as well as the chance to contribute and make a real impact.
We thrive on nurturing future talent and we want you to be part of that journey, which means you don’t need to have tons of experience, just the right attitude and determination.
To be eligible you must be
- Over 18 and have the legal right to work in the UK
- Going into your final year of higher education in Autumn 2024
- Able to come to our London office Monday – Friday for 10 weeks
- Available from 10th June to 16th August 2024
Important info we don’t want you to forget
- Applications will close February 26 at 10 am
- Only applications submitted via our official careers portal will be considered. Applications received through any other channel will not be reviewed
- Successful applicants advancing to the next stage will be notified by March 4
- If your application progresses, you will receive a video task on March 7 and have 24 hours to complete and return it. Please ensure you have enough time to complete it within this timeframe.
- The video task will involve recording yourself answering a set of questions, so please ensure you are comfortable with this before you apply. This video will be used for shortlisting candidates only.
- If you have not been contacted by March 7, unfortunately, your application has not been successful. Regrettably, we are unable to provide individual feedback.
- Alongside your CV, please include a Cover Letter and your portfolio, if relevant.
- Please take the time to answer all the application questions fully. Incomplete applications will not be considered
Information about the Glamour Summer Internship
Fast, dynamic and exciting, GLAMOUR is the digital destination for today’s millennial and Gen Z audience. You will have the opportunity to work directly with the team and get firsthand experience of how the website is put together.
What will you be doing?
- You will work primarily with Glamour’s Web-Directors, and department leads across Beauty, Fashion and Production.
- Assist in creating engaging empowerment articles and fashion and beauty content for various platforms.
- Editorial Support: Contribute to editorial tasks, including research, writing, and editing articles on fashion trends and industry news.
- Participate in various aspects of article creation, including interviewing, research, fact checking and writing
- Conduct outreach to external organisations and PRs for communications, press releases, story ideas, etc.
- Learn the process of editorial and web production and observe weekly staff meetings.
- Be familiar with social media platforms and content creation tools.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
Who you are
- You are passionate about beauty, fashion and women’s empowerment.
- You are plugged into Gen Z culture and on the pulse for the latest beauty, entertainment and current trends. You love looking for inspiration on social media, and have an interest in beauty/fashion, gaming/virtual, video, music and art.
- Strong English speaking/writing/editing skills. Excellent grammar, spelling, drafting, writing and proof-reading ability.
- Student in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, or English
- Self driven and motivated with the confidence to work independently and with others
- Somebody who thrives on working in a fast-paced environment and learning from people with diverse backgrounds.
- Proactive, forward-thinking, able to use your initiative and always go the extra mile to achieve success
- Confident in the ability to communicate with staff at different levels, different departments and internationally.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, and interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Ability to maintain professional conduct in all situations
What happens next
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply below, and we will review your application as soon as possible. You can update your resume or upload a cover letter at any time by accessing your candidate profile.
Condé Nast is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, familial status and other legally protected characteristics.