Desktop Support Apprentice
CMC we are looking to hire a Desktop Support Apprentice to work in our Desktop Technology team. Do you want to work for an exciting leading FTSEfintech? We’re shaping the future of investment by using the latest tech and tools to give our customers the very best trading experience.
A varied and interesting role responsible for delivering desktop support and other services across CMC’s global business. You will be expected to deal with customers via email, chat, telephone and face to face, assisting the existing team in ensuring work coming into the team is actioned as quickly and efficiently as possible, maintaining our high service standards at all times.
Work arrives into the team in a variety of ways and is then triaged and allocated to team members to work on to resolution. You will be expected to think on your feet and be willing to get involved in all tasks but will also have senior team members whom you can turn to for assistance.
What will you learn?
- Provide first point of contact support to end users, including guidance, training and advice where applicable
- Take ownership of issues and requests and manage to resolution
- Manage customer expectations and provide regular updates
- Manage the flow of work coming into the team effectively, escalating where necessary
- Ensure a positive approach to challenges and provide open and honest feedback with the goal being to always improve service to the business and end users
- Constantly work to optimise support processes and procedures, looking for opportunities to turn reactive call handling into pro-active service delivery
- Ensure incidents and problems are managed correctly documenting all steps for later analysis at all times;
KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Previous work experience
- Knowledge of Windows 10
- Proactive, “CanDo” attitude
- Attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask under pressure, ensuring service delivery is maintained
- Customer service experience
- Previous technical work experience
CMC Markets is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.