A 36-month programme, following the Supply Chain Practitioner standard, achieving a Level 3 Supply Chain Qualification and all the practical experience alongside, to be working in a Logistics and Transport role from day 1.
The role is across two main operating periods – spending time in preparing tendering and contract negotiations with our haulage suppliers and then an active period of managing the live contracts to ensure sugar beet delivery during our operating periods of September to March.
Based at our Offices at Bury St Edmunds, working 36-hours each week, Monday-Friday and attending college 1 day per week or on block release.
The scheme will give the opportunity to:
- Create and execute transport plans and transport and haulage contracts.
- Work first hand with sugar beet suppliers and transport and haulage providers.
- Active involvement in creating positive supplier relationships.
- Produce Key Performance Indicators.
- Manage administration, reports and supplier questions and actively identifying and reviewing improvement opportunities.
- Involved in successfully delivering our haulage service projects.
- Use Information technology (IT) systems for the supply chain: Excel, material requirements planning (MRP) systems and business planning systems.
- Develop behavioural skills to be a great team member.