Technology Summer Internship Programme Infrastructure
The BGC Technology Internship programme (Infrastructure) offers graduates an opportunity to be part of an exciting and growing team. The programme will consist of technical and professional skills training, and the chance to contribute to real life projects. Interns will have exposure to cutting edge technology as the firm is agile and has a dynamic approach delivering world class customer service to a diverse client base.
The BGC Technology Internship will commence in Summer 2024 for 8-10 weeks. We are seeking candidates who are in their penultimate year or have completed all of their higher education studies, have an interest in Technology and are looking to start their career within Financial Services.
You will have a mentor to support and guide your career throughout this programme. This opportunity could lead to full-time position.
You will have the opportunity to join one of our many teams who:
- Offer technical support to Front Office trading applications used by internal brokers and external customers across multiple asset classes and across all of our brands.
- Carry out IT Service Operation and Transition (release, change and incident management).
- Assist with dynamic daily functions carried out supporting a busy trade floor, middle office and back-office areas. Technology’s used WIN10/Active Directory/0365 to Cisco to Unigy systems.
- Work with all aspects of Enterprise level Brocade Data Fabrics, Enterprise Storage Array Administration and EMC Data Protection.
- Have responsibility for the full lifecycle of multi platform infrastructure projects, from data centre design to new application build and implementation.
- Penultimate year or those who have already graduated
- Graduates with a passion for technology and an interest in financial services.
- Enthusiastic and open to the prospect of developing skills in data and technology.
- Motivated individuals who are eager to contribute to our business.
- Open to new challenges and solving new problems.
- Ability to work under pressure, handle multiple tasks, and prioritise workloads.
- Strong written and verbal communication, to build relationships across multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions.
- Knowledge of trading systems and financial products is desirable.
- Awareness of the ITIL Framework.