Internal Audit Graduate Autumn
At Azets people lie at the heart of what we do. Collaboration and sharing empowers us all to achieve our purpose of making our colleagues, clients and communities lives better every day. With the everchanging economic landscape and advances in technology, there has never been a more exciting time to start a career in accountancy.
As an Azets Trainee, you will be actively supported throughout your Azets career and will learn from the vast expertise held by your colleagues. Whether you’re a school or college leaver, a graduate ready to make your mark, or someone seeking an new challenge, Azets is the perfect launchpad for your journey.
We are committed to offering development opportunities to all of our staff, from early stage Trainees through to Senior Partners. As a trainee, you will get the opportunity to pursue a professional qualification specific to the business area you will be working in. We believe in nurturing your potential and setting you on the path to success.
As an Internal Audit Associate you will plan for and complete fieldwork for audit reviews covering a wide range of financial and non-financial areas. You will gain a deep understanding of how organisations work, how they identify and manage risks and provide advice on how to better achieve their goals.
You will work closely with client managers throughout each assignment and have regular meetings and briefings with client staff regarding progress, issues and potential recommendations arising from your work. You will also summarise your work in an internal audit report at the end of your fieldwork.
The role will involve a combination of working in the local office and at client premises. On a day to day basis, the tasks you complete may involve:
- Researching background information on a client, sector or topic before an audit
- Planning your fieldwork, arranging meetings with client staff and requesting information
- Carrying out basic data analysis to identify anomalies and exception for investigation and analysing written information to understand client policies and processes
- Working independently, or as part of a small team, to complete audit testing
- Interviewing senior staff and management at clients to understand their business, discuss the findings arising from your audit and agreeing improvement actions
- Project management, ensuring work is delivered to deadlines and within budget
- Scheduling regular catch-ups with the client manager to discuss issues and keep them informed of progress
- Drafting a report to summarise the findings from the audit and recommendations agreed with the client
You will have the opportunity take on responsibility early in your career and to progress quickly, developing a wide range of transferable skills. As you advance in your role you will take on more complex audit assignments and carry out a wider range of advisory work such as investigations and client workshops. You will also have the opportunity to mentor new trainees and provide them with on-the-job training.
We have created a first-class training and development programme and, by starting your career at Azets, in addition to the comprehensive on the job training, you will also be given all the support you need to complete a professional qualification, including college and/or study days, mentoring and a designated buddy.
We offer a range of different qualification pathways at Azets which are determined by the role you are applying for. The qualification that will be undertaken for this position will be either ICAS or CIA.
To get the job that you’ll love, you will:
- Need the right to work in the UK from your start date.
- Be on track to achieve or have already achieved a minimum 2:2 in your undergraduate degree
For us, the personal attributes of each of our employees are what makes us authentic in the marketplace. We look for people who can collaborate with peers but can also bring their own voice to the table. We want people who are dynamic in their approach and respectful of other people’s opinions. We are looking for someone who wants to be more than just a team member, but who wants to join a family of likeminded individuals.
At Azets, we understand that whilst job satisfaction and success is important, you should be rewarded for the work you do.
Our benefits include 23 days of annual leave (plus bank holidays), Agile & Flexible working, Employee referral bonuses, Lead incentive schemes and much more.